Sermon Preparation

Hello all,

It’s been some time since I feel we have posted or discussed. Just wanted to check in and see what everyone is using or if anything has changed for anyone (or any 2022 upcoming changes)

For myself…
For all of 2021, I used Ulysses for writing all my sermons that I gave this past year so far. I dabbled briefly in Craft but it never stuck for my sermons. I ended up using Craft for collaboration and meeting notes, that seemed to work well, not sure if it will stick around in 2022.

I revisited DevonThink again from a different perspective after being inspired by MacSparky’s Field Guide. Prior, it was just my ‘digital cabinet’, but now I am trying to look at it from a different more productive perspective.

Lastly, after revisiting DevonThink and thinking about my workflow. I realized Ulysses couldn’t really give me the data I am was seeking (in terms of topics that I had given previously, etc, unless there’s a part of the app, I didn’t explore yet). On top of that I found out DevonThink couldn’t index Ulysses because I use iCloud for it which leads to….present day.

Since November 2021, I have been experimenting with Obsidian (even though I was fighting against having another ‘shiny’ app) But I am still testing it out using Obsidian for my sermons but now have DevonThink index my Obsidian vault.

If anyone has thoughts, would love to hear them or if you have any upcoming or workflow reviews.

1 Like