Hi, I'm wjsii 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

Searching for a group of like-minded people to learn from and share ideas with.

What is your church background?

Every chance I get. Almost every decision is filtered through the faith lens.

What is your biggest struggle?

Procrastination and setting boundaries with family.

What is your favorite book (and why)?

Getting Things Done. It freed my cluttered mind many years ago.

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

7 Likes

Welcome @wjsii :smile: Glad you’re here! GTD was a very influential book for me too.

1 Like

Glad to have you here, @wjsii!

I’m with you on the procrastination front. It’s definitely my biggest battle. But with boundaries and family (if you’re comfortable sharing), is this with your immediate family? Spouse and kids? Or are you referring to extended family?

Always a great pick. How long ago did you read it? And what prompted you to pick it up?

I read it in 2009, heard about from Merlin Mann. Even used the Hipster PDA from 43 folders for a couple years before getting OmniFocus for the iPhone 3GS haha

Spouse and three year old son. Night or day (even waking at 4:30 to beat the crowd) interruptions happen frequently. Usually over trivial stuff. Difficult to separate work at home from family, and hard to say no to request when I enjoy being the provider.

I still use an hPDA! :hugs:

This may not be possible, but something that is awesome for me once or twice a week is to go work somewhere other than home. Usually the library or a coffee shop. It’s not ideal since I’m out of my office but it means the distractions are easy to avoid.

Ditto for this. Scenery helps more than you might think