Hi, I'm Rachel 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

My faith is the foundation and driver for everything I do… also I love to learn and I love people: a community centered around faith and productivity is a perfect fit to both learn new ideas and share what I’ve learned along the way.

What is your church background?

I faithfully attend and serve in my church. I’ve been rooted in the same one for 13 years and have grown continually in my faith - connecting deeply and allowing my Pastors and other leaders to pour into me has shaped me. My children are welcomed and celebrated at our church and they love going… it’s hard to get them to leave church!

What is your biggest struggle?

Myself - lack of confidence that I can follow through and complete my goal of writing a book for families.

What is your favorite book (and why)?

Bible — shapes my life each and every day!

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

3 Likes

Welcome @Rachel :smile: I have confidence that you can complete your goal of writing your book - because I will be helping you write it :wink:

(FYI @Rachel is my wife, so everyone be nice to her! :rofl:)

4 Likes

Welcome, @Rachel! :wave:

Do you know where the lack of confidence comes from? The unknowns around writing? Not knowing where the time will come from? Inexperience in writing? Imposter syndrome?

Great! What’s number two? :wink:

2 Likes

@joebuhlig it would have to be Man’s Search for Meaning by Victory Frankl

** my mindset will cause life to death to me

1 Like

@joebuhlig I would say the lack of confidence comes from the uncharted territory of writing a book and a little bit of all that you listed above… I used to tell myself that once my children are older, even some at least out of the house and turned out well… then I’d write a book because I would have enough credibility to speak on families. My mindset has changed on that though because of my faith in God, who I believe is asking me to write on this topic… we went to God for the plan (meaning my husband @mikeschmitz and I) to raise our children, so as long we follow through on that plan, I’m confident that our marriage will remain strong, our children will be grounded and live out each of their destiny. So now I am super excited to write the book and look forward to learning how to improve my productivity so I can manage that new project along with my family, work and ministry responsibilities.

4 Likes

Rule of thumb: if you wait to start until you know “enough” to speak credibly, you’ll never start.

It happens in software development, preaching, mission work, writing, painting, and having kids. In other words, “should” gets in the way a lot.

3 Likes

I agree :100: I’m a lifetime learner - so what I know to do today gets me to tomorrow and then I learn a grow more day after day

2 Likes