Hi, I'm pedro 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

The Faith Based Course brought me here. Heard about it on Focused podcast, liked the initiative and wanted to encourage and bless the initiator.

I hope to learn from fellow christians how the balance between being a good husband, dad & friend and being a good and efficient employer. Using principles based on the word of God. Making use of technology to be efficient and focused.

What is your church background?

Going to church on a regular basis with my wife and our two sons. We have a living relationship with God 24/7. At the moment I sometimes feel Sundays are more theoretical bible studies with stories I already heard a lot of times and I would like to hear also practical lessons which I can implement in my normal day to day life.

What is your biggest struggle?

A lot of responsibilities and tasks that has to be handled in a limited time.

What is your favorite book (and why)?

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

2 Likes

Welcome @pedro :smile: I appreciate your support, and I’m glad that you’re here!

@pedro I’m here for similar reasons – managing work, family, and ministry with excellence feels overwhelming at times, but one step at a time, one day at a time… with a growth mindset of constantly progressing and improving it possible to do it well.

One of my Pastor’s most frequent sayings is “day by day, play by play”

I’ve personally gained incredible clarity and help on identifying what’s most important and making improvements from the FBP course… I trust you will too and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

1 Like

Welcome, @pedro!

I hear you on this one. I’m a say-yes-and-figure-it-out-later kind of person. Gets me in trouble all the time. Are there any specifics around this you struggle with?

:cry: Surely, there’s ONE book. But, again, I say this as a book addict. :man_shrugging:

@joebuhlig

I am not sure if it is something specific. Sometimes it’s difficult to prioritise the todo’s. Sometimes it is difficult to focus. Sometimes it is hard to ‘first eat the frog’. It is an ongoing proces I try get a grip on.

I recognise this! How do you handle this?

I am the kind of person who has a couple of books besides the bed but only reads during holidays.
One of the latest books that inspired me was ‘Loving our kids on purpose’ by Danny Silk.
I already bought the book for the coming holiday which is: Hyperfocus by Chris Bailey.

1 Like

Easy. I don’t. :man_facepalming:

In theory, I take time before giving a response when my gut reaction is to say yes. But I’m not very good at it.