Hi, I'm Oblique 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

I work in an area of constant spiritual attack - evidence-based natural medicine. There are attacks primarily from the ‘authorities’ / legislative burdens and risk management.

What is your church background?

I am involved in a small and lively local community church. We go most weeks but life is challenging with a pregnant wife and a toddler

What is your biggest struggle?

Omnifocus overload! I flag every task and I feel overwhelmed. I need a better system to defer tasks and plan my week. I struggle to be ‘in the moment’ and am stretched very thin. Also being a dad!

What is your favorite book (and why)?

“The Heavenly Man” Paul Hattaway

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

3 Likes

Hi Oblique,
Natural medicine is so important! Hang in there. Access for us who use it is not always easy to find, so I commend you for being in that arena.

1 Like

Welcome @Oblique to the group. I too am a user of OF. I have found the course by David Sparks to be very helpful. Not only in learning the ins/outs of the application but more importantly how he uses and organizes. That makes a big difference with projects rather than a massive To Do List. Also the way to do ‘due dates’ vs ‘defer dates’ is important. I don’t think another system will necessarily help especially with planning. My personal big change was not trying to be 100% digital but using pen/paper in addition. This really helps with daily and future planning. Congratulations on being a Father. Many blessings to you and your family.

Welcome @Oblique Sounds like you’ve got quite the mission field in front of you :wink:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am grateful for this group - blessings to you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Oblique congratulations on your growing family; it’s a beautiful time with various challenges and limitations. When going through my pregnancies, I did great at times, while other times I struggled with the physical changes and the emotional/hormonal rollercoaster that pregnant women go through. I encourage you both to try to keep a lighthearted spirit with much laughter and mercy… :blush:

Great to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome, @Oblique!

I can really resonate with the OmniFocus overwhelm. I’ve found that there’s nothing wrong with using OmniFocus for everything, including Someday/Maybe lists, but like @StanPHL said, using defer dates - and reviewing regularly - might help to reduce the overwhelm. Every Friday afternoon I put my OmniFocus projects on hold unless I’ll have time to work on them in the coming week.

2 Likes