Hi, I'm michaelp6of7 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

I am one of the many believers who enjoy productivity and long for a group of like minded people to fellowship (meet?) with.

What is your church background?

I am a member of the Pigeon River Mennonite Church just two months ago. I was raised Catholic and became a Christian due to the band Petra who offered a salvation call/response at their concert. We go most Sundays. Our church is very involved in missions around the world and we are working at building three new outreaches in the next 3 years as part of our local mission work.

What is your biggest struggle?

I am a PC/network mobile technologist who has too many jobs and is a people-pleaser. I have trouble with focus. I also have struggled with issues related to confidence.

What is your favorite book (and why)?

Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien: I love the stories of little people winning over evil.

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a PC

5 Likes

@michaelp6of7 I’m also a recovering people-pleaser and have trouble with focusing on what’s most important, but have actually found great confidence, focus and the ability to say no after going through the Faith Based Productivity Course! It’s great to have you on the community!

1 Like

Welcome @michaelp6of7.

I hope this community helps all of us grow in God directed and God glorifying activity. Your church life sounds exciting and well led. May the Lord bless you and your community.

People pleasing is not the worst characteristic to have in the course of life, as long as it does not distract us from being Christ pleasers FIRST.

Stephen

2 Likes

Welcome @michaelp6of7 :smile: Glad you’re here. Great to hear about your church’s missions work (I’m actually going to Costa Rica on a missions trip shortly - my first one!) I also have fond memories of Petra :guitar:

2 Likes

@michaelp6of7 I have family in Pigeon, MI and I am from the Detroit-area originally, now in Lansing.

It really is a small world :earth_americas:

Great band! :guitar: Still good to see them touring.

Welcome, @michaelp6of7!

I’m in the middle of transitioning into a Director of IT role at our church right now. So this catches my eye. What does a typical day look like? (sidenote: I get that every day can be wildly different)

@michaelp6of7 Petra! That is old school Christian music. I had a few of their cassettes.

Welcome, @michaelp6of7! I can also concur with the temptation to focus on pleasing other people too much, and with lack of confidence.

I need to meditate more on Bible verses like these: https://www.openbible.info/topics/pleasing_god_rather_than_people.