Hi, I'm Mat ๐Ÿ‘‹

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

Knowing Mike and Discourse forums now for quite a while, I am happy to see the two in synergy. As with AE, my focus is on providing knowledge and enjoying the hive mind character of these forums.

What is your church background?

I have a very vivid church history. Being raised by nonbelievers, I walked a lonely spiritual path to find God to be the one thing I cannot be separated from. After coming to Christ through an international baptist church here in Hannover, Germany, I led the worship team for 4 years.
Moving in with my soon-to be wife 3 months before marriage led my baptist brethren to revoke any leadership position from me and finally throw me out of church.
It took me a while to go to church again, but now I am regularly attending a protestant church led by a homosexual pastor and with an open mind towards living the word of Christ as well as celebrating old liturgy.

What is your biggest struggle?

Keeping my focus on the things that matter. The Days I do not meditate in the morning waste me for the remaining daytime. Same goes for less sleep than good for me (less than 7:15).

What is your favorite book (and why)?

ACIM - Jesus from a radically new perspective

Are you a Mac or a PC?

Iโ€™m a Mac

3 Likes

Welcome @Mat :smile: Glad youโ€™re here. What instrument did you play when you led the worship team?

Usually all the guys and girls I organized were much more talented than I, so I did what I do best, which is singing.
When we were a small team I would play the guitar. But I was always bad at coordinating the two, so I refrained from singing then:sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Awesome! I play guitar and sing on the worship team at my church, but I donโ€™t often lead.