Hi, I'm kimiko 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

I believe that everything we need to know about productivity and life in general is in the Bible. We just need a “heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12) to see through it.

Also, Mike Schmitz is awesome!

What is your church background?

I am not a regular churchgoer and I’m not immersed in a church community. However, I’m hoping that will change as I learn to handle my crazy busy life.

What is your biggest struggle?

overwhelm.

and, the devil :imp:

What is your favorite book (and why)?

next question please…

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

2 Likes

Welcome @kimiko :smile: You’re too kind. Glad that you’re here, also curious - what’s been your biggest “a-ha!” moment concerning faith & productivity?

1 Like

When I got pregnant, I had to overcome an imposter syndrome, that I was unqualified to be a mom. Although my pregnancy was planned and I’m married to the most amazing man, there was a burning desire to get my act together fast or else my old habits might harm my baby one way or another. I worried about every little thing so praying helped a lot. To provide more context, I work in law enforcement and my husband is bipolar who is also working full-time. I felt the need to take charge or everything will crumble. I started hyperscheduling, then discovered the bullet journal method, then GTD, then listened to all TPS episodes, then Focused, and now FBP. Truth is, I’m just stalking @mikeschmitz :smile:. Now, my son is 2 years old and it’s still a struggle but I’m grateful for the Schmitz family (really!) because I believe they are a shining example of a God-centered and optimized household.

3 Likes

@kimiko. Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story… we all struggle with imposter syndrome on some level… my oldest is 11 and is truly an incredible boy, but I still feel inadequate to be his mother and lead him. We are designed to fulfill our roles as mothers, everything we need was put inside of us. There is an element of trusting our instincts and also learning from wise counsel so as not to reinvent the wheel. As a believer, I have a Heavenly Father who can and will give me every tool and bit of strength and wisdom I need to do the “job” he has called me to. The less of me and more of Him that I operate in, the better the results. Your son is 2 years old and he’s in the sponge stage - soaking up everything, the more fun you can have with the Bible, prayer, and godly things - the better. He’ll soak it up and it will crease him.

I look forward to keeping the conversation going…

2 Likes