Hi, I'm erikely 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

To learn from others on what worked and what hasn’t worked for them. It aids in developing a system that is base on me and my life rhythm, but there is strength in numbers.

What is your church background?

My church background is non-denominational, and my wife and I are very involved. I have been a pastor before and am currently a consultant for churches and pastors.

What is your biggest struggle?

Two things hold me back: first, I get lost in everything that needs to be done, and it creates mental static. Learning to focus on what I need to do and learn to delegate or get rid of the rest.
Secondly, I travel for work almost every week, and that is killer on trying to establish a routine. I need to figure this out.

What is your favorite book (and why)?

Abba’s Child by Brennan Manning. It is a spiritual formation book. I am currently reading “15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management” by Kevin Kruse.

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

4 Likes

Welcome @erikely :smile: Travel throws a wrench in routines for sure, but hopefully we’ll be able to help you build one that works for you!

1 Like

I love learning from others… why reinvent the wheel when so many have solved the very problems we struggle with… I also hope to learn a lot from others in this community @erikely

1 Like

Welcome aboard, @erikely!

Fascinating. In what area do you consult? Operations, scriptural topics, legal, one-on-one coaching?

I’m terrible at this. If I have 15 tasks that NEED done today (urgent AND important), I find every excuse to do none of them. It’s mainly because there’s so much on my plate that I can’t commit to doing any of it. It’s still a daily struggle. But sometimes I’m able to convince myself of the one or two tasks to get me started. Once started, I do pretty well. But starting is forever a battle.

By routine, do you mean times for meals, morning ritual, bedtimes, etc…? Sometimes routine means something different for folks.

Why do I know that name? Ragamuffin Band?

@joebuhlig I consult in the areas of operation, leadership, and generosity. By education, I have a BA in Theology and an MBA. I also spent time in large churches in the areas of operations.

By routine, I mean morning ritual, meals, bedtime etc. I fly regularly, and the flight schedule can blow-up my routine.

Brennan Manning wrote the book Raggamuffin Gospel.

1 Like

@Rachel I agree 100%. for myself productivity is about quality of life and not perfection.

1 Like

Really cool. This is something a lot of churches could use.

I hear you. I used to work for a corporation in a scenario where I was flying three to four days a week. Basically, do the best you can. That’s all I ever could do.