Hi, I'm bodiequirk 👋

Why did you sign up for the Faith-Based Productivity community?

I have noticed a natural connection between the life God calls us to and how productivity practices and tools can help us achieve more of what we were made and called to do. Until now, I have not found a community that intentionally emphasizes both. It will be so great to discuss spiritual convictions right alongside the best in productivity tools and techniques. I am thrilled! I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

What is your church background?

I am a Pastor, and so I have been able to learn, use, implement and even teach others in my congregation about the connection between productivity and the Christian life. My church community is my day to day life!

What is your biggest struggle?

Too many interests and commitments. I am notoriously curious and I love to learn all the time, but that tends to open up more areas of interest and passion and commitment than I am able to keep up with and I end up feeling stressed that I am not keeping up with the commitments I have made to myself. I naturally prioritize others’ wishes over my own and so my own projects often get pushed aside. I love the idea of minimizing but I am not that great about it.

What is your favorite book (and why)?

This is the hardest question ever.

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I’m a Mac

4 Likes

@bodiequirk welcome!!! I can completely relate to loving to learn and how that leads to having many interests and commitments. I am a natural people please therefor prioritizing other’s wishes above my own is something I also struggle with. Are you going through the Faith Based Productivity Course? I’ve discovered great clarity and direction on how to make progress on my big dream/goal through the course.

1 Like

Welcome @bodiequirk :smile: Glad you’re here!

Tell me about it! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome, @bodiequirk!

Have you ever tried the idea of seasonal interests? This is something new to me. I’m experimenting with one set of hobbies and research projects for the summer and a different set for the winter. It lets me explore a plethora of ideas without locking in.

Okay. Okay. Top five?